Monday, February 27, 2012

Favorite Movie

My favorite movie is Sweet Home Alabama. I'm normally do not really enjoy love stories, however I really enjoy this movie. My enjoyment of this movie comes from the good values of the film and my ability to connect with it. The majority of the film takes place in a small town setting. This setting reminds me a lot of the town I am from. Sweet Home Alabama really shows the one good and plaguing thing about small towns, you'll get away but something will always bring you back. This thing that brings Mel (Reese Witherspoon) back is true love, a love not based on money and politics. Mel's true love is defined though a love conflict between her hometown high school sweetheart and the rich big town politician. Everyone can guess that in the end the high school sweetheart wins. The cultural elements in this film are really great. It shows how love has evolved from a true emotion to something having to do increasingly more with money and status. Also, it shows the strength of small towns.
Aside from all the connections I can make and the good morals of the movie, I also really love the comedy. Some of my sisters and my favorite lines from films come from Sweet Home Alabama. "What did they run out of soap down at the Local Piggily Wiggly?" "Your hoyde toydee Yankee B***h and I'd like nothing more than to piss you off" I just love it, the simple comedy is perfect. The actors are also perfect for this film, Reese Witherspoon the queen of all chick flicks and Patrick Dempse the American hotty perfectly contrasted with the sexy yet simple Josh Lucas.
 Sweet Home Alabama is the perfect combination of morals, comedy and love.



No comments:

Post a Comment