Monday, April 23, 2012

For the love of Jersey


I am both embarrassed and proud to say that I love watching Jersey Shore. However reading ”Why I'm Not Watching Jersey Shore (Anymore)” , I understand better why nearly all of my friends made fun of me for watching.  The article states that Jersey Shore does not have much variation. The go to the gym, do laundry, tan, pretend to work and get drunk. This very unchanging plot could cause a view to become bored with the show, as the author of this article does. However, the article also states how this unchanging plot may be what incises people to watch.  This is very true for me. I loved watching Jersey Shore because you were almost guaranteed with every episode for something stupidly humorous to occur.  You didn’t have to think about what was funny about Snooki in a Bunny Costume, you just laugh about it. 
                The article states that the character’s ways are unchanging and that makes them seem unread. I disagree, I think their consistency makes them seem more real. This article was written when the 2 season of Shore was beginning. My feelings on the consistency and realness of the characters could be due to multiple more seasons of watching the characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment