Monday, April 23, 2012

Yet another

How is it that Nicholas Sparks's novels continue to become movies? In general they are all very similar. While reading "'The Lucky One' Is Exactly What YouExpect" I couldn't help but agree with the author's argument that this film is very similar to other Sparks's novels that have been turned into films. From what the author tells this Film sounds a lot like Dear John. A soldier that falls in love but either side of the love has some problem that the lover tries to fix. The author states “It hardly seems worth running down the clichés that make the Nicholas Sparks formula so annoying and so profitable”. I couldn’t agree more. There should almost be a genre made for Nicholas Sparks novels, the broken soul and the love story that fixes it. Needless to say I will not be going to see this movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment