Sunday, April 8, 2012

Response to Where Soldiers Come From

"Where Soldiers Come From" is a documentary about the lives of 3 friends who joined the National Guard together. They did this for money, for loyalty and friendship. The film shows the civilian life, war life and their difficult transition back into civilian life.

I enjoyed this documentary; it showed the real effects of war both at home and on the fighting line. Also I was able to make a connection with the characters. I know quite a few people who have joined the armed forces and their reasoning for joining were much like the boys in this film. They needed money and wanted to get out of the small town. However, I didn't like how they mainly focused on the negative effects of war. War is an ugly thing with long lasting effects, however without fighting for our rights and freedom we would have a queen instead of a president. I don't believe that everything that our country is doing overseas is pointless, as the film alluded to. I wish they would have shown more positive things of the war, though I understand that with the injuries that characters experienced positive thinking would be difficult to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment